Продукт на завладяваща и вълнуваща екипна работа на арх. Жулиан Начев, арх. Блага Благова, арх. Калоян Димов, дизайн Елина Янева, конструкции инж. Румен Рафаилов, ОВК инж. Веселин Кленски, Електро инж. Станислав Стоянов, ВиК инж. Теодоси Дилов и други ...
To color outside the lines is an idiom that means to not follow the rules, to think creatively, to behave in an unconventional manner. The image invoked by the idiom color outside the lines is of a child who does not fill in the pictures in a coloring book in a conventional manner. So is our project, it aims to go outside the “standard lines” and design an environment suitable for the needs of children that don’t fit in the box.
• ACCESSIBILITY - This is achieved by making the building volume simple and linear, which gives us the chance to make a clean scheme with good connections; no thresholds for comfortable wheelchair access; easy to navigate and well-marked areas with pictograms.
• SAFETY AND SECURITY - All common areas are designed with the thought of children safety; spaces are with a simple shape and give good visibility at all times. There are no sharp edges or unsupervised access to stairs, the railings are all with vertical details with little space in-between, to prevent climbing and other accidents. Fire safety is also considered.
Emergency exits are adapted for use by people with reduced mobility.
• SUSTAINABILITY – We have implemented a high quality design in all aspects of the project - social, economic and ecological.
Building is designed to meet all sustainable construction requirements. In the design we have used maximum natural light as possible. We have implemented light wells, roof windows and light emitting partitions. We have used sustainable and ecofriendly materials where possible. Most materials will be locally soured to reduce carbon footprint further.
The sloped roofs are with 41 degrease angle which makes the perfect for installing photovoltaic panels.
• FLEXIBILITY AND ADAPTABILITY - The design takes in consideration not only the current needs of its occupants, but also implements the idea of future needs. Space and furniture are modular and can easily be rearranged and fit most future requirements. The building is designed to accommodate a ceiling hoist system in any space it might be needed. All common areas are equipped with wall rails with adjustable high.
• HEALTH AND COMFORT pleasant spaces with respect to all needs for thermal comfort; ventilation and hygiene
The design is based on exceptional thermal comfort, there are no thermal bridge in the construction. The building exceeds passive house standards and complies to class A+ according to Bulgarian law. We have implemented daylight and comprehensive light control with automated blinds. Cutting edge energy efficiency with heat recovery ventilation and exclusive indoor air quality, building is airtight. We have achieved a high level of energy efficiency.
• SENSORY AWARENESS - The environment is designed with soothing pastel colors, simple design, no reflective surfaces and no strong direct light. We have also implemented high quality acoustic panels in the ceilings to reduce noise levels in the environment. The result is a calm and homey atmosphere in which the children feel safe